Most of us have mixed feelings about using LinkedIn. Many of us look crap on it because of that.
Yes, it can be tedious to use, boring or increasingly full of inappropriate posts. However, it remains a mainstay in the channels to be active in.
Here are 4 ways you can make sure you stand out and feel proud of your profile (leading to more searches, more engagement and more enquiries).
- Keep your business photo up to date
- Make sure it is sized correctly. You can adjust it to a certain extent as you upload but LinkedIn favours 400px square (remember Landscape, it can help here).
- What do you want people’s first impression of you to be?
- Remember that you will have met these people, or may well do so – virtually or not – in time.
- What would your boss or best client think – it IS a business platform.
- It’s not Facebook.
- Don’t be twee or try to look to cool, it’s irritating!
- Smile and look directly to camera to give an impression of confidence and approachability
To change your profile image, hover over it and Change Picture appears, click to get here:
2. The Background Image
Create a better impression by keeping this vibrant and something that reflects your business, role or personality. As this image is so large, it does wrap around your main Profile, it’s like a canvas so appreciate it.
To change it, hover over it and you will get the option. Don’t forget to adjust it accordingly. Landscape is best as the image forms what we call a ‘Letterbox’ shape.
3. YOUR PROFILE
Make sure you upload images into the body of your profile to ensure you get more attention. You can put them in the Summary, Projects, Testimonials – every section, and the more you do, the more alive, vibrant and interesting it looks:
LinkedIn isn’t amazing for visuals but it has got loads better recently with its functionality, so do try it. Have you found me yet (click above!)?
PS. Having a set of stock of images that are of you and your business and yours to use whenever you need them really helps here. We can help with that.